Men have unique health concerns
Men have unique, gender-specific health concerns that they should know about. Men have an increased risks for certain diseases, so seeing a healthcare practitioner who can identify these is important.
Acupuncture treats men’s health issues
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine effectively treat a number of men’s health concerns. The goal of all treatments is to restore the inherent health of the human body, so you won’t require treatment or herbal medicine forever.
Men’s health in Oriental MedicineAndrology is a relatively new specialty in Oriental Medicine, but men have received specialized treatment for maintaining their health for at least 700 years before the common era. Modern acupuncturists combine this wealth of ancient knowledge with Western science and medicine to take an integrative approach to men’s health.
How does Acupuncture treat these conditions?
Acupuncture and herbal medicine are used to restore balance to the body. When the natural rhythms, ebbs and flows, and cycles of life are out of sync, disease arises. For more detailed information on specific conditions, visit the pages listed below.
Men have major concerns about their sexual health and fertility.
Many men will encounter a condition affecting sex drive, sexual function and fertility at some point in their lifetime. While uncomfortable to some, it’s important to speak frankly about them and communicate all the concerns and details of your condition.
Many of the issues men have about their sexual health can be resolved through treatment with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. I see patients with these concerns routinely, and also see remarkable changes that last.
The sexual health and fertility conditions I see most often in the clinic are discussed in the following pages along with their most common symptoms:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED or “impotence”):
- difficulty getting and maintaining an erection and lowered sexual desire, and the emotional component involved.
- Low libido or low sex drive:
- a decreased desire to have sex.
- Premature ejaculation (PE):
- early ejaculation or ejaculating before it is desired.
- Male Factor Infertility:
- Male factor infertility is the umbrella category for any cause of infertility due to the male partner. There are many causes of male factor infertility which result in changes to sperm, as mentioned below.
- Low sperm count:
- Low sperm count is classified as having fewer than 20 million sperm per milliliter of semen. This is a common cause of infertility in men
- Poor sperm morphology:
- This means that the sperm have an abnormal shape. This can negatively affect fertility, and make it difficult to conceive a child.
- Urinary Dribbling:
- This is sometimes referred to urinary incontinence. Urinary dribbling is an involuntary dripping or leakage of urine from the bladder. It is the result of loss of bladder control, and can affect men of any age.
- The symptoms of prostatitis include painful or difficult urination and pain in the perineum, groin or lower body.
To make an appointment with me for treatment, please phone us at 323.662.6560 or Email